ASHI’s CPR and AED training course is designed specifically for laypeople, and is an excellent choice for CPR and defibrillator training in both community and workplace settings. This extremely flexible program will help prepare individuals to respond to sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and choking incidents. This CPR and AED course conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
Who should take this course?
Individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but who desire, or are required, to be certified in CPR and the use of an AED:
- Emergency response teams in business and industry
- Adult residential care personnel
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.