The AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course trains participants to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
The AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course is designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for their job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements, o anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
This course is intended for people who regularly come in contact with infants and children, including:
- Teachers and day-care workers
- Security and airline personnel
- Police and firefighters
- Aerobics teachers/physical-fitness trainers
- Camp counselors
- Other individuals who want or need first-aid training
What does this course teach?
- First aid basics
- Medical, injury, and environmental emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Optional modules in Child CPR AED and Infant CPR